- Leading Futurist, Author
- Senior Associate Innovation Unit, UK Government
David Price has spent a lifetime learning about learning. His performing background transitioned into formal education where he was Head of Learning at Sir Paul McCartney’s Institute for Performing Arts. He has spent the past 16 years speaking, writing, advising and training people in formal and work-based learning. Clients have included some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs and most innovative organizations. He was awarded the OBE for services to education by Her Majesty The Queen in 2009. His Book, OPEN: How We’ll Work, Live And Learn In The Future has been an Amazon best-seller since its publication in 2014.
There is a clear and direct link between an organization’s capacity for innovation and its ability to learn. So why is building a vibrant learning culture on so few CEOs’ to-do lists? This masterclass builds upon David Price’s work in OPEN, drawing a through-line from learning to success, via innovation and engagement. He practices what he preaches by making his masterclasses engaging, participatory and empowering. You will leave inspired to make learning the #1 priority for your organization, with a road map of how to do it!
Value and expected outcomes
- Clear insights into the characteristics of dynamic learning organizations
- Arguments for advocating learning in your organization
- Strategies for maximizing engagement and capability within your team
- Practical designs to transform learning in the workplace
What is covered?
- From Menlo Park to Mountain View – the evidence for learning
- Going SOFT – the values and actions behind innovative learning environments
- How to build a ‘Global Learning Commons’ in the workplace
- ‘Engagement precedes learning’ – how to re-design your organizational environment to engage employees and transform productivity
- The social imperative – how to make learning the cornerstone of your organizational culture
- People-Powered Innovation – maximizing capability within your staff
- What’s next? Making sure your learning advantage becomes sustainable