In 2007, at the age of 36, Azran was appointed founding CEO of AirAsia X, the world’s pioneer low-cost long-haul airline. He led the development of AirAsia X’s business model to break many long-haul airline conventions. Azran currently chairs the Advisory Board for the Asia Business Centre, Curtin Business School in Australia, and holds board positions with PT XL Axiata in Indonesia and Apex Investment Services in Malaysia. He also advises start-ups and high- growth businesses through Endeavor Malaysia, Kairos Society, and the Cyberview.
Most businesses and organizations today face the onslaught of disruptive forces: of market liberalization, rapid technology advances, changing consumer behaviors, and new threats from non-traditional competitors. In this unique masterclass Azran Osman-Rani, a successful entrepreneur himself, shares his secrets of success. In particular, you will witness the story of how unprecedented innovation in product development and management practices led AirAsia X to become one of the most successful low-cost airlines in the world.
Value and expected outcomes
- Specific practical actions and techniques that you can deploy to infuse an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovator’s mindset into your organization
- Working tools to bring about positive change and create business breakthroughs, even in the most traditional industries and sectors
- Inspiring case studies and examples from real-life projects to illustrate that world-beating breakthrough innovation need not be high-tech or complex
What is covered?
- Manage risk and harness the ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ by using corporate venture structures to attack new customer segments with ‘no-turning-back’ determination
- Traditional strategic planning and budgeting are outdated. Gain strategic advantage through experimentation
- Harness customer insights and deploy design thinking’s iterative problem-solving processes to continuously innovate new ways to delight customers
- Build a culture of curiosity and risk-taking by removing the fear of failure in your organization and prioritizing agility over caution
Azran’s energetic, humorous and interactive masterclass uses his real- life experiences in revolutionizing a traditional ‘old economy’ airline industry, combined with his business development work in the ‘new economy’ media and technology sectors.