Jamie Woodruff is one of the world’s leading authorities on hacking and cyber security. He entered the public eye when he successfully hacked Facebook as part of a student competition at Bangor University. Jamie is a director of a cyber security company specialising in training, penetration testing and recruitment. He is also the cyber safety advisor for the Cybersmile Foundation which specialises in online cyber bullying.
This cyber security awareness workshop is designed by a cross-functional team consisting of professional hackers, corporate psychologists, and instructional designers – to provide you with the essential knowledge to practice good cyber hygiene. Jamie Woodruff will give delegates an understanding of what motivates a hacker and why you or your company might be compromised. Delegates will understand their responsibility for protecting company data and how to implement practical cyber security processes into their everyday working lives.
Value and expected outcomes
- Understand the threats that directly affect you as an employee
- Learn how to be secure at work and online
- Grasp essential cyber security processes
What is covered?
The workshop covers ‘how to’ and cyber security best practices in the following areas: passwords, encryption, phishing, email security, online security, offline security, data classification, remote working, social engineering and risky behaviours.
- Understanding vulnerabilities – cyber security awareness; past, present and future; human risk; typical scenarios
- Cyber security protection – people; processes; physical protection
- Cyber security strategy – develop, deter and defend
Jamie Woodruff uses a balance of discussion, scenarios, case studies, personal experiences, videos and interactive exercises to bring the subject to life. Some sessions use an overall cyber security game to increase engagement and understanding.