Author, professor, lecturer, motivational speaker, music executive, artist manager, entrepreneur, fighter and cancer survivor would be the words used to sum up the life and career of Mathew Knowles.
Dr. Knowles received a BA in Economics & Business Administration from Fisk University for his undergraduate degree. He also possesses an MBA in Strategic Planning and Organizational Culture, a Ph.D in Business Administration and recently attended Harvard's Professional Development course in Ethical Leadership. He currently holds a professorship at University of Houston, Prairie View A&M University and The Art Institute. In fashion, he was the Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer of apparel lines House of Deréon, Deréon, and Miss Tina.
As a pioneer for African American success in the corporate world, Knowles corporate career includes communications sales consultant at AT&T, sales and marketing at Xerox Corporation, Xerox Medical Systems, Phillips Medical System and Johnson & Johnson. In music, at Music World Entertainment Corporation, he has architected the careers of Destiny’s Child, Beyoncé and Solange, just to name a few, and has worked with legends such as Chaka Kahn, O’Jays, Earth, Wind & Fire, and many others.
- The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals: A business-oriented, motivational, and inspirational talk all rolled into one. As the title suggests, it focuses on characteristics that are common among successful people from all walks of life.
- Entrepreneurship 101: Understanding the theory, process, characteristics, sales, marketing and practice of entrepreneurship. An in-depth look at why some entrepreneurs fail, whereas others succeed.
- Cracking the Code - Tips for Getting in the Music & Entertainment Industry: Here are tips to breathe life into your music and entertainment career and to make sure you are building a foundation for long term success. Taking inventory of your musical and entertainment skills, experiences and learning the business of music. Don’t sit around waiting for your musical career to happen. Step up and make it happen!
- 10 Qualities of Successful Leadership: These leadership traits are essential qualities that make effective leaders, weather you are managing a team, an organization, a department, or an entire company, these traits are all used to guide people and projects to success.
- Harmonizing Your Workforce: Five Ways to Make Diversity and Inclusion Competitive Advantages: Diversity and inclusion can have many positive factors, such as being more adaptable, more innovative, a more engaging team, acceptance, and greater problem-solving capacity.
- How to Develop Your Branding & Endorsement Identity: Using Beyonce’ as a case study we look at simple steps for a successful branding and endorsement building process from how to build a brand, how to create a brand identity, how to build a brand and endorsement strategy and others.
- Habits of Successful Marketing & Salespeople: Taking from 20 years of high achievement in sales and marketing, from being the number one salesperson worldwide at Xerox Medical System and others. This presentation is about using a measurable, repeatable sales process from knowing your product, reviewing your pipeline, follow up, building an effective marketing strategy from determining the target audience, how to champion on social media, conducting research and more.
- Racism from the Eyes of a Child: A personal reflection and view on racism in America and worldwide. An examination of the backdrop of discrimination from post-slavery, up through the civil rights protest, on into the present racial climate that exist today in every facet of our lives. Also available, The Emancipation of Slaves Through Music.
- Health & Wellness: With a major emphasis on early detection and genetics, Knowles gives his personal perspective of understanding the link between a healthy lifestyle and a healthy mind and body. Knowles share his personal battle with cancer, family history and BRCA-to mutation. Knowles stresses, especially to the urban community, “If we do not make time for our wellness, we will be forced to make time for our sickness”.
- Ethical Leadership: This workshop is directed for respect of ethical beliefs and values and for the dignity and rights of others. Through case studies you will gain the knowledge and tactics that lead to successful ethical outcomes.