Alan knows exactly what it takes to drive change right across a business. His front-line management career began in retail as an owner and manager and then as a distributor. A respected management consultant since 1991, Alan has led major culture change projects in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the Middle East. He headed up an ambitious culture change project at London’s Selfridges from 2004 to 2013, which gained the retailer the official title of ‘Best Department Store in the World’. He has also managed change projects for AIB Bank, Bulmers, Chevron, Glanbia, Intel, Kizad, Lavazza, Nissan, Symantec and Vodafone.
The frenetic pace of change is nowhere faster – and more complex – than in the retail industry. Even the best retailers find it a daunting challenge. The digital age is transforming the sector; speculating about what the future holds is no help – the future is already here. But how to embrace this complexity and develop a business model that will maximize the opportunities it presents? As a leading expert in retail change, Alan O’Neill brings well-tested growth strategies and a wealth of practical experience to this master- class, showing executive teams how to manage change and deliver business success.
Value and expected outcomes
- In-depth knowledge of how change is impacting the retail sector
- Guidance on how to overcome obstacles, maximize opportunities and successfully harness change in a digital world
- Guidance on how to develop a change strategy and achieve effective long-term results
- Guidance on how to implement change smoothly, change cultures successfully and make sure people maximize their full potential for the bene t of the business
What is covered?
Alan shares real life case studies and hands-on practical tools to answer key questions:
- What is changing and what is not changing in retail?
- What is customer service about in the new digital world?
- What are the pitfalls and obstacles when coping with digital and managing change?
- What is the importance of planning for change? How can you overcome resistance from individuals, teams and external partners?
- How do you change mindsets and culture and ensure all functions pull together?
Alan’s highly engaging masterclass has helped retailers, banks, the motor industry and other B2C organizations to adapt to digital-age challenges. It has also helped B2Bs that need to support their front- facing customers who are themselves also confronting change.