Jack Milner is one of the most versatile and prolific performers on the London comedy scene and a leading expert on the art of public speaking. He has been involved in more than one hundred productions in theatre, television, lm and radio, both on stage and behind the scenes. He has run comedy workshops for The National theatre, Channel 4 and ITV. He has also run more than 1,200 comedy and stand-up workshops. His stand-up approach to presenting is valued by a wide-range of clients including Microsoft, Citigroup, AIG, Pru Health, Lloyds, Pfizer, Innocent, Cisco, Innovia and Starcom Mediavest.
Communicating effectively through good public speaking skills has never been so important. These days we judge leaders not by their track record but by the delivery and content of their presentation. In future the best public speakers will probably look and sound like stand-ups. Those endless, pointless PowerPoint presentations will no longer do the job. It is time to learn the skills of great public speaking. In this refreshingly funny, insightful and interactive masterclass Jack Milner gives you all the tools needed to influence, persuade and engage with any audience. Whether you are talking to a large crowd at an o -site or presenting your department’s budget to the board – you will be able to take your audience with you and get your message across with perfection.
Value and expected outcomes
- Deep understanding of public speaking and how to avoid being stranded alone in the land of the PowerPoint
- The skills to read an audience and guarantee you win them over every time
- The knowledge to create and deliver information that is clear, valuable and human-scale
- The tools needed to influence, persuade and inspire your audience
What is covered?
The masterclass is divided into three parts – the ABC of presenting:
- Audience – The most important component of any presentation. How to grab them every time; how to make your material emotionally relevant; how to win over the hard-to-reach.
- Brilliance – How to deliver naturally, authentically and with energy (like a stand-up but with gravitas); how to make your content memorable; how to average at least one laugh a minute, even when you’re presenting the driest of topics.
- Clarity – How to ensure ideas ow logically and dynamically from one to another; how to use colleague feedback.
Jack Milner combines expert insights, humor and unique exercises. Most communication skills coaching focuses on just the work environment, but this highly engaging masterclass is designed to improve your day- to-day communication, so that skills learned can be used in a range of situations.