Andrew Keen is a leading authority on the impact of new technology on 21st-century business, education and society. He is the bestselling author of the international hit Cult of the Amateur: How the Internet is Killing our Culture (2007), in which he anticipated many of the problems of the web today. He is Executive Director of the Silicon Valley salon FutureCast and the host of ‘Keen On’, the long-running TechCrunch chat show. As a pioneering Silicon Valley-based Internet entrepreneur, Andrew founded Audiocafe.com in 1995 and built it into a popular first-generation Internet music company. His highly anticipated latest book, The Internet is Not the Answer, was published in January 2015.
The 21st-century digital revolution is destroying many of the dominant industries and companies of the 20th century. Every business and organization is now threatened by the digital revolution and every CEO and strategist needs to know how to cope with this destruction. Andrew Keen is a seasoned Silicon Valley insider. His masterclass o ers a step-by-guide guide to the upheaval and provides a roadmap not only for surviving but also prospering in this brave new world.
Value and expected outcomes
- In-depth understanding of how today’s digital technology will inevitably change every business – including your own
- Knowledge of the latest technology to come out of Silicon Valley and the future foretold
- The ability to predict the future of large and small companies
- An appreciation of how economic value has been fundamentally changed by the digital revolution
- Guidance on reinventing your business before it is too late Guidance on building a stable career in an unstable environment
What is covered?
- A short history of the Internet – where it came from and how it has changed over the past 50 years
- An analysis of the industries the Internet has already disrupted – music, publishing, journalism
- A glimpse into the future to see where the revolution is going next – transportation, education, healthcare, energy and government
- How the Internet of Things will change every business
- Examples of strategies that have failed to counter the revolution A survival guide for executives in companies threatened by digital upheaval
- A personal survival guide for building careers in this disruptive environment